So I realize that I'm a dog person and that you're all just gonna accuse me of being canine biased, but this shit has confused me for Y-E-A-R-S: landlords who will allow cats and not allow dogs. I seriously just don't get it.
Why I'm completely stumped:
- Cats scratch the living shit out of everything...especially hard wood floors.
- Cats shit and piss in a box that sits on the floor--you know, the one it scratched the hell out of cause it was bored?
- Cats can often leave a smell that makes every future person who wants to rent your apt vomit.
Now let's talk about dogs.
- I guess there are dogs out there who scratch things, but they seem way more few and far between. My dog lays on the floor, he doesn't scratch it.
- Dogs shit and piss outside.
- Dogs usually have worse breath, but they don't seem to leave that residual pungent smell.
Cats ARE way the hell better at keeping mice away, so maybe you're saving some benji's on exterminators, but other than that I'm just verrry confused. I totally get the no pet policy, but I just don't get the cats ok, dogs no go policy.
What am I missing??