Ok, take note:
NONE OF THIS SHIT is actually coming to Park Slope...Y-E-T.
But, hello future business owners: WE NEED THIS STUFF! ALL OF IT!
So, yeah: here's my list of restaurants/businesses/services that *should* be in Park Slope, but are not:
1. Korean Fried Chicken - We've got 3 fucking Banh Mi shops now, and not a single fucking Korean Fried Chicken place? That's just all sorts of wrong. I don't usually care a rat's ass about fried chicken...I've never been a fried chicken person, and was only mildly interested when Diddy did his Popeye's vs. Kentucky Fried smackdown. But Korean fried chicken is the bomb diggity bomb bomb.
2. Trader Joe's - Yeah, we've got one in Brooklyn now and that's cool, but have you ever been to that place? It's always a clusterfuck of a madhouse. Why not open up another one in Park Slope? I would way rather go to TJ's than Whole Paycheck Foods, and since they're cleaning shit up down at their future 3rd ave location, now is the time to do it.
3. Anthropologie - I know that we're not exactly all about the big retail stores here, but I could actually see Anthropologie fitting in very well with the nabe. Also I LOOOOOVE IT and, selfishly, I added it to the list.
4. Spinning Studio - We've got quite a few gyms, yoga studios, pilates studios, but it would be super rad to have a Soul Cycle like spot here in Park Slope.
5. Cupcake Shop - I don't even particularly like Crumbs cupcakes, but it's still kind of surprising that we don't have a Crumbs or similar type cupcake shop here. With all the kids bday parties, I would think that one would be a no-brainer.
6. Self-Serve Dog Wash - Just like a car wash, but for your dog! It's hella annoying to deal with giving Oliver a bath at home, and having some sort of set up like this would be so clutch. Also, have you SEEN how expensive it is to just get your do bathed somewhere? (forget about grooming)...just a bath is like $25-$35.
7. Chopt - I also don't get why we don't have some fab gourmet salad shop in the Slope (like along the lines of a Chopt). I feel like there would be a line out the door of that place EVERY DAY if we had one here.
Ok, your turn everybody. What sorts of shit are you dying to get Slope side?