It's Valentine's week, which means you might be preoccupied with your plans to cover your significant others' genitals in pink and red rose petals. Luckily, that's only one day during the week. The rest of the time, you're free to enjoy yourself amidst Park Slope's non-cupid-related amusements. Welcome to Whassup: Peri-Cupid Edition:
* Open Now: Freddy's Food, Freddy's: The former-North Slope, now South Slope dive institution, Freddy's, opened its kitchen Monday. Word is, they've got hot dogs, beans, and tater tots (menu not yet posted). That's some good, greasy bar food for a good, greasy dive bar. Go feed your habits.
* Friday, Feb. 10: MJ and Prince, Brooklyn Bowl: Usually, we try to keep the FiPS Whassup to Park Slope and adjacent 'hoods. But occasionally the rest of Brooklyn offers up something irresistible. So, try to resist this: The Prince and Michael experience wants to put the wiggles in your butt with DJ'd hits and rarities by two men who made even the whitest amongst us discover a love for R&B back in the '80's. Audience members divide off into camps supporting either star. Then fight to the death. (I think they actually just dance, but you never know.) 11pm, $10.
* Saturday, Feb. 11: Super Fun Superfund Variety Show, Gowanus: This variety cabaret show comes armed with old film props and a social conscience. It's put on by the Film Biz Prop Shop, a non-profit that recycles film and TV set materials. In this incarnation of their efforts, you get to see old movie stuff resurrected as puppetry, burlesque, and circus acts. The green ethos is either appropriate or ironic next to the Gowanus Superfund disgustingness, I'm not sure. I'll let you decide for yourself. 8pm Doors, $8.
* Monday, Feb. 13: NPR Live Taping, Bell House: New NPR show "Ask Me Another" tapes before your living eyes at Bell House. The game, puzzle, and trivia show is hosted by comedian Ophira Eisenberg. Do your best to laugh just like Terry Gross would. 7pm, FREE (but tickets required).
* Monday, Feb. 13: SomethingatSouthpaw, Southpaw: With the old venue closing the 20th, I again bring you somethingatSouthpaw. Come check out Punderdome 3000, the amateur pun competition. Groan for the puns, weep for the Southpaw. 7:30pm Doors, $5.
* Tuesday, Feb. 14: V-Day: Check out our list of Cupid-hating events for V-Day.
* Wednesday, Feb. 15: Story Collider "Brains," Union Hall: The monthly mash-up of storytelling and science themes is like a hot, wet kiss between your English professor and Chem Lab Instructor. Wait, no it's not, that sounds gross. This is actually pretty good -- stories from comedians, Slam storytellers, scientists, science writers and others about science. This month's theme is brains. Pretty sure most of it will be about zombie diets. 7:30pm, $8.