Here in the slope, we are lucky enough to live amongst two very talented actors: John Turturro and Steve Buscemi. Both men originally hail from Brooklyn. Both appear in The Big Lebowski and Mr. Deeds (as well as a bunch of other Adam Sandler movies). Both are directors (Booshems has directed 2 episodes of 30 Rock!) Both are extremely bad-ass. There is no question about that. But which man is MORE bad-ass? This is a very important question. Check out these fun facts that we've collected about each fella, and let us know who wins your vote in the comments!
FUN FACTS ABOUT STEVE BUSCEMI:
1. The First 3 Google auto-completes you see when searching for "Steve Buscemi" are:
- Steve Buscemi eyes
- Steve Buscemi movies
- Steve Buscemi twitter
2. Memorable Roles in the following: Reservoir Dogs, Fargo, Ghost World, Airheads, Armageddon, The Sopranos and, most recently, Boardwalk Empire,which has won him two SAG awards, a Golden Globe and two Emmy nominations.
3. Because of Boardwalk Empire, we get to see ads peppered around the city and on the subway where he’s looking all bad-ass above bad-ass captions like “You can’t be half a gangster.”
4. He has “Googly eyes” and apparently everyone on Google wants to know about them (see fun fact #1).
5. He is frequently typecast as a “fast talker.”
6. When some dude was posting pictures of a bunch of stuff on Steve Buscemi's stoop, he and his family kindly asked the creator of the website/twitter page dedicated to the topic take it down. He didn’t even need to use a gun.
7. He used to be a firefighter AND in the disastrous days after 9/11, worked 12-hour shifts with his old firefighting crew, helping in the search for the bodies of missing firefighters. Fuckin’ A.
FUN FACTS ABOUT JOHN TURTURRO:
1. The first 3 Google auto-completes when searching "John Turturro" are:
- John Turturro net worth
- John Turturro Jewish
- John Turturro Jesus
2. According to his IMDB bio, Turturro is well known for his “unconventional looks and often annoying onscreen mannerisms of his characters.” Ouch, IMDB bio -- tell us how you really feel.
3. Memorable Roles in the following: Anger Management, Secret Window, Barton Fink, O Brother Where Art Thou?, and Quiz Show, a role for which he was nominated for several awards, including a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor.
4. He has appeared in more Spike Leef films than any other actor.
5. He acted in this ridiculous -- yet awesome -- Heineken commercial that makes no sense.
6. He is “a little afraid” of the Park Slope Food Coop, despite the fact that he and his wife are both members. The “commune-y” feel causes him “mental blocks,” whatever that means.
7. Does an accurate impression of Burt Lancaster (according to the person who penned this bio -- Burt Lancaster, maybe?)
So: what do you guys think? Who's the more bad-ass Park Slope rez?