J. Crew President Jenna Lyons's 4-story, 7-bedroom townhouse is officially off the market. 178 Garfield Place, with it's "plaster cornices and medallions, aged pine floors, seven restored limestone mantels, 3.5 bathrooms, an eat-in cook’s kitchen, a large private terrace and a cellar that has been converted to a media room for entertaining" -- has been sold to English Synthpop musician Vince Clarke (welcome to the nabe, VC!).
Entries in jenna lyons (3)
J. Crew President and Creative Director Jenna Lyons lives in a Park Slope townhouse, "which is a merry (but careful) assemblage of fur throws, drooping roses, and worn staircases"(New York Magazine). The 6'5" (in heels) domineering designer stirred controversy among conservative media outlets this past spring when J. Crew's online catalogue featured a photo of Jenna painting her young son's toenails pink -- an event that Jon Stewart referred to on The Daily Show as "Toemageddon."
Though we have no idea how much Jenna and her husband, artist Vincent Mazeau paid for their Slope nest, it's so badass that we had to include it in the series:
- Location: Park Slope
- Type: Townhouse
- Rent or Own: Presumably owned
- Cost: Somewhere around a Gajillion dollars
- Square footage: massive
- Who calls this place home?: J. Crew president and Creative Director Jenna Lyons, artist Vincent Mazeau and their adorable son, Beckett.
- What's really good about this joint?: The ability to convert a spare bedroom into what is presumably Park Slope's largest wardrobe closet (via "A Day in the Life of Jenna Lyons," Oprah.com)
- What's really bad about this joint?: We'll let you know if we can think of anything.