SHOW ME YOURS is a recurring column in which we do two things: show you Park Slope real estate and tell you how much it is. That's pretty much it!
Here's our latest victim Show Me Yours-er:
- Location: 6th Avenue between 16th St and Prospect
- Type: Two-bedroom (one is used as an office) with a patio
- Rent or Own: Rent
- Cost: $2150/month
- Square Footage: 1000 sq feet
- How Did You Find This Place: We found it through a broker which was totally worth it. Our landlords live downstairs and are amazing.
- Amenities: Washer/Dryer in the basement, air conditioner, lots of windows, brick wall, new fridge and dish washer, Patio with edible grapevine, lofted area for the occasional overnight guest.
- Who Calls this Place Home: A blogger and animator boyfriend who works from home.
- What’s really good about this joint: We have tons of storage and a walk-in closet. Having room for an office was really important for the sake of our relationship. It's centrally located near our friends and ideal for having people over.
- What’s really bad about this joint: Nothing really, worst thing is the yellow-tinged linoleum in the kitchen.
Of course, we're gonna need submissions to continue to make this shit not boring, so if you've got a Park Slope pad that you want to share, send photos and apartment info (location, cost of rent/mortgage, amenities, your occupation and answers to questions above) to effedinparkslope at gmail dot com.
We're not looking to show off killer design or ridiculously expensive furniture...so don't feel intimidated if your place isn't in next month's Elle Decor. In fact, your place can be a total shitbox. It's really all about keeping track of how much apartments cost around here and what you get for your money. Of course you can remain anonymous if you want, thus avoiding all of the stalkerazzi that would likely result from your brush with greatness.
Keep track of all of our past SHOW ME YOURS' here.