SHOW ME YOURS is a recurring column in which we do two things: show you Park Slope real estate (and a few from nearby neighborhoods!), and tell you how much it is. That's pretty much it!
Here's our latest victim Show Me Yours-er, who lives just down the avenues from proper Park Slope in nearby Gowanus:
- Location: 7th St between 3rd and 4th
- Type: 1-bedroom w/office
- Rent or Own: rent
- Cost: $2385 (as of this month - it just went up 6%)
- What year did you move into this place? 2011
- Square Footage: 600 square feet, give or take
- How Did You Find This Place: broker
- Amenities: exposed brick, dishwasher, office, skylight and two working fireplaces.
- Who Calls this Place Home: A writer, someone who works with writers and a small, orange cat.
- What’s really good about this joint: We love the exposed brick. It's the first time I've had a dishwasher in years and I could never go back. It's been renovated very recently so everything feels new and clean (appliances, walls, etc). The fireplace is amazing in winter. We actually have two but only use the one in the living room. The office is big enough for a desk and a wall of books.
- What’s really bad about this joint: Very limited closet space. The kitchen and bedroom are pretty small. I think for some people the size would be an issue -- but coming from a studio, it feels pretty big.
Of course, we're gonna need submissions to continue to make this shit not boring, so if you've got a Park Slope pad that you want to share, send photos and apartment info (location, cost of rent/mortgage, amenities, your occupation and answers to questions above) to effedinparkslope at gmail dot com.
We're not looking to show off killer design or ridiculously expensive furniture...so don't feel intimidated if your place isn't in next month's Elle Decor. In fact, your place can be a total shitbox. It's really all about keeping track of how much apartments cost around here and what you get for your money. Of course you can remain anonymous if you want, thus avoiding all of the stalkerazzi that would likely result from your brush with greatness.
Keep track of all of our past SHOW ME YOURS' here.