In case you've spent most of the week lying perfectly still in front of an air-conditioning unit in an attempt to make your ass stop sweating, here are a few stories that graced the pages of the FiPS blog this past week:
* Brooklyn Brine: Welcome to the hood!: We got a great tour of Brooklyn Brine's Park Slope pickle palace!
* I guess it's ok to care about thet nets now: FiPS writer Shawn breaks down all of the great things the Nets have going for them so far (even though he's a die-hard Celtics fan at heart).
* Louis C.K. Does Park Slope (on TV)!: The newest season of Louis C.K.'s Emmy-nominated series Louis was shot in a few notable Park Slope locations, thus greatly elevating the coolness factor of our 'hood.
* An Oddist Shackled a burned-out skeleton to a tree on 4th ave... and how's your morning?: It's as weird as it sounds.
* Well done, people: we've saved the G train extension!: That's right, MTA -- straphangers are not to be fucked with.
* Who Gives a shit: what's your go-to icy treat in Park Slope?: If you have yet to find your favorite, take a peek in the comments for some fab recommendations!