They won't stop talking about the intensity of their Bikram yoga class, or how hard it is to break in a pair of running shoes, or why eating energy goo is totally normal. If you're not sure what to get that spin-class-loving, all-day-hiking, fitness fanatic on your list, we got a few gift ideas that will leave them happy and at least a 10K away from you.
1. Stanley Classic Vacuum Bottle, (Gear to Go Outfitters, 217 Garfield, 718-399-7848): When in doubt, get the fitness fanatic in your life the Stanley Classic Vacuum Bottle. Released in time for the brand's 100 Year anniversary, this bottle keeps liquids hot or cold for 24 hours. It's BPA-free, rustproof, leak-proof and pretty much indestructible. And the vintage green finish is a throwback to yesteryear.
2. Kahtoola MICROspikes ($59.95, Gear to Go Outfitters, 217 Garfield Place, 718-399-7848) It's no longer marathon season, but you can still indulge any runners on your shopping list with Kahtoola MICROspikes. These traction accessories slip on over running shoes and give extra grip for wintery terrains. It's an easy choice since runners won't have to worry about breaking these in. Available in either red or black.
3. Sports Massage ($115, Sage Spa, 405 5th Avenue, 718-832-2030): Oh my god, no one will ever turn down a massage from Sage Spa in the hood. If you're not sure what to give your spin-loving sweetheart, just pick up a gift card for a Sports Massage at these 5th Avenue spa. This custom tailored massage uses a mix of Shiatsu, Swedish and Deep Tissue techniques to work out sore, tight muscles.
4. Alaska Insole($19.95, Good Footing Adventure, 196 7th Ave, 718-369-2601): More practical than cashmere socks, these insoles warm up any pair of kicks. Made of soft, warm and cozy wool, a pair of these will come in handy all winter.
5. Brooks Pulse Lite Gloves ($20, Jack Rabbit, 151 7th Avenue, 718-636-9000) Winter accessories like theseBrooks Pulse Lite Gloves for both men and women are always a great gift. The lightweight mesh keeps hands warm, but not sweaty. Available in a variety of styles and colors.
6. Activation Energy ($8.75, Granola Lab): Don't bother stuffing the stocking this year with Clif bars. Pick up some Activation Energy granola from Brooklyn's Granola Lab. It's a mix of quality ingredients including coffee, dark chocolate, hazelnuts. Stop by Brooklyn Night Bazaar and stock up there, or online.