This shit is so old by now, I may as well have waited until we had our *next* Meatup, and then I could do a side-by-side comparison.
I'm not going to go into a ton of detail, because quite honestly I've smoked a lot of weed since then and I don't really remember much.
Metromix New York has this killer round-up of photos that you should look through immediately (all those people are probably taken by now, but whatever).
Here are some bullet point highlights of the night from my perspective:
- Over 500 of the hottest, singlest, bad assed Brooklynites I ever did see showed up for our Naughty Office Holiday Party, and if I wasn't old and married already, I would have gladly dated EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEIR ASSES.
- Did you catch our signs? Home Base Supply, co!? Ok, Nicole from Brooklyn Based came up with that and, I'm sorry, but it was pure genius.
- I got a 15 minute free massage...and if you're feeling a little jealous, you should be--cause it ruled my face. We had a real life massage therapist there, and though she didn't give out any "happy endings," everyone still left happy.
- Asia Dog's grass fed beef hot dogs with jalapeno mustard and POTATO CHIPS SPRINKLED ON TOP. Nuff said.
- The dude who won the "most likely to be looking at porn all day at work" award at our Home Base employee awards ceremony looked a *leetle* too guilty, if you ask me.
- Listening to everyone at the bar say over and over and over again, "I'd like some Busch, please."
- DJ Jonny Con Carne totally killed it all night long! Despite the fact that he refused to play "Shoop" for ninedaves (not a bad call, by the way), he even had my ass out on the dance floor (like before I even got drunk).
- Shootbooth's kick ass sexy Santa photobooth. I wish I was having my Bat-Mitzvah again so I could hire these mofos IMMEDIATELY (loads o'pics in their Facebook photo album; also you should become a fan! And follow them on Twitter!).
- And in probably my *fave* moment of the night, an awesome FIPS fan who I had met earlier in the evening, came over to see if I could perhaps introduce her to my "hot friend." When she pointed him out, I realized that she was talking about Greg...that dude I'm married to. Good times!
For the last half hour or so, DJ Jonny Con Carne slowed down the music a bit, and I swear the place turned into an 8th grade make-out party.
I've already received several unsolicited emails from people telling me about dates, hookups, one-night-stands and one guy who called in sick the next morn because he got so drunk and stayed out so late.
I do wish there were some more single dudes there (whadda we gotta do bros, offer you a free lapdance and a beef jerky stick with every ticket purchase??? Seriously, tell me!?). We already have a few tricks up our sleeves to even out the mix next time around, and we're getting ready to launch a super fantabulous website to help all y'all keep track of everything BK Meatup related.
Anyway, so yeah...it rocked.