Look people: I know that I'm basically handing you the "gentrification," "rich white people have got SUCH problems," blah, blah, blah angle here, but fuck it. I need some help.
So today's question is: *if* you are one of those sonofabitches who is lucky enough to have a housekeeper:
- How much do you pay?
- How big is your apt?
- How often does he/she come?
Here are our specs: We have a 1bd apt (690sf) and I want someone to come every *other* week. We have a dog (obvi) but that's our only challenge. I found someone who I really like, but she wants to charge me $100 and I kind of feel like that's highway robbery. But WTF do I know? (don't answer that).
I started inquiring on Twitter last night and so far have gotten the following responses:
- "$80 for 2 bd, every 2 weeks. However, stinky teen boys reside here."
- "I pay $80 for a 3 br, 2 bath."
- "Mine is 80 dollars for a one-bedroom. also she is awesome and cleans out my fridge."
- "$60 every other week for a 2br."
- "We pay $100 which is a deal since we have 4 fur people and male in house."
- "We pay $70 for a 2br/2 bath apt with 1100 square feet.
- "20$ an hour for 3 hours."
- $15 an hour (she just started last week), though she only takes clients who want her to come every week; we have a 3 bedroom and it takes her 3 hours."
- "$55, also 1 BR." [daym, not sure if this dude is importing child labor from some 3rd world country that you wanna accuse me of being racist toward or what, but that's quite a deal].
So what say you guys??