Me: "What kind of dog do you have?"
Pancake MIx's Owner: "Oh Mrs. Pancake Mix is part Ridgeback part Chihuahua, part pit bull with an extra shot of espresso and a soy topper."
Me: "Wait is that a dog or a pretentious order at the Tea Lounge?"
PMO: "She's a rescue, we found her amongst some thugs whilst they were buying her during a drug exchange/dog exchange in Bed Stuy...we just so happened to be campaigning for decent recycling at inner city schools...i see your dog is full ridgeback, was she bred?"
Me: Yep...wanna fight about it? By the way, the part of Mrs Pancake that's a pit bull is currently trying to eat my ridgie's face off.
Ok, so as y'all will recall, I got my eyes lazered last year...so yeah: I don't wear glasses anymore.
Greg, however, does. And we were lucky enough to swing by Park Slope Eye a couple of weeks ago so he could get a check-up with Dr. R. "I've never been so excited by my own retinas...Dr. R emailed me close-up pics and I turned them into my computer desktop wallpaper. How meta is that???" said Greg.
HOLY SHIT DOES THAT PLACE RULE, PPL! Here's why:
- You can bring your frigging dog! And they even have treats! They literally requested an Oliver meet-n-greet.
- They also have booze, apparently...though we didn't drink any.
- Everyone there is so helpful, it will literally make your head spin. Not sure what your insurance covers? No worries...they'll figure it out for you! Need a copy of your prescription? No problemo! They'll email it to you! I swear I thought someone was gonna offer to help me with my tax return or some shit.
- They're on Facebook...and Twitter...and probs Myspace for all I know. And their reviews on Yelp make them seem like the second coming.
- They're open on Sat and Sun.
- Best of all, ALL of their frames are out in the open and ready to be tried onto your face. Back when I was a glasses wearin fool, I would literally refuse to go to any place that did not have their frames out and available to be tried on, cause it was soooo annoying.
So yeah...if you are blind-n-shit, you should seriously go to Park Slope Eye.
This video is kind of amazeballs: some chick on Carroll Street happened to notice a MOTHERFUCKING HAWK ON HER AIR CONDITIONER! Oh and the hawk was tearing to shreds the carcass of another dead bird.
(via City Room Blog)
Come on!? PLEEEZE? I don't even like cats, and I think this dude is cute!
Someone dumped the poor guy in a box in front of the animal clinic. Yep, on one of the coldest nights of the year. And now the poor guy is just stuck there in a cage. His eyes are so pretty! And his nose is pink! You can adopt him for a $51 fee.
Prospect Park Animal Clinic
105 prospect park west
(via Grace from Fearless Cooking)